Its world’s first Edge Programmable Industrial Controller (EPIC)
Now you can collect, process, view, and exchange data where it’s produced—at the edge of the network.
Securely share data among databases, cloud platforms, web services, PLC systems, and other systems and equipment, using open, modern communication standards.
You can rely on real-time control and I/O from Opto 22 with 45+ years of experience. Opto 22’s worldwide reputation for quality was built on solid state relays and I/O, and all our experience is poured into the design of groov EPIC.
- Integral touchscreen for local configuration, commissioning, and troubleshooting—no PC required
- Real-time, open-source Linux operating system
- Multi-tasking real-time control engine
- Dual independent Gigabit Ethernet network interfaces to help securely segment your control network from your business network
- HDMI port for optional local monitor
- USB ports for keyboard, mouse, Wi-Fi dongle, serial connections
- Intelligent, hot-swappable, guaranteed-for-life I/O
- Spring-clamp field wiring up to 14 AWG, with an integrated wireway and adjustable cover
- Multicolor LED for I/O module quality, plus channel indicators for discrete I/O
- Integrated power supply options
Now you have new programming options:
- Program with the field-proven, flowchart-based, multi-chart control language PAC Control.
- Use any IEC 61131-3 compliant language with the CODESYS Development System and CODESYS runtime.
- Exchange data using the visual, flow-based editor and runtime Node-RED, with its free pre-built nodes for databases, web services, and more.
- Run your own C, C++, Java, Python, or other custom-developed application on an open, Linux-based automation system, using secure shell access
Why Groov EPIC?
Groov EPIC eliminates the need for middleware to translate data between field sensors and control system thus shrinks the steps to get the data we need.
It is much more than a PLC or a PAC. Designed from the ground up as both a reliable real-time industrial controller and a processor to collect, process, display, and exchange data.
Groov EPIC talks directly to field devices, other control systems, databases, cloud services, and a lot more. EPIC helps solve the challenges of complexity, security, and cost.
- One industrial unit takes the place of all that middleware.
Encryption, user authentication, and communication options help you implement a more secure system.
- Getting data where you need it is faster and easier with built-in, easy to use software.